Preparing... its as easy as 1,2,3 (4,5,6)
The first step in preparing for a rewarding Model UN experience is to gather information. Give yourself plenty of time before the conference to research, read and then formulate your arguments. Since most delegates use the internet for the majority of their research, GC: London has collated some information and advice we hope delegates find useful. While conducting research, try to keep in mind that your primary goal is to represent your country as realistically as possible. You should produce your position paper and send in to email@example.com
- Research your country position
- Visit the Committee Pages and download your 'Committee Guide' as a starting point for this research and will provide valuable regional information.
- Read the letter from your Chair on your Committee Page (coming soon). This will give you a starting point for your research of issues and potential solutions.
- Create a position paper (to submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your delegation and committee as the title)
- Come to the conference with a copy of your Position Paper and additional research
- Be a fantastic ambassador for your country
Aspirational and advanced delegates should also research the positions and likely voting blocs of the other countries in their assigned committee (Your Committee Guide lists these countries and is a starting point for this advanced level research)